[AMPS] Thunderbolt questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Thunderbolt questions
From: willy@global2000.net (Bill Russell)
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 06:28:18 -0500
This is my first post to this group and I hope it works!
I have a Johnson T'bolt, the hf version and have a few questions. Have not
powered it up as yet as it needs a little work. Nothing serious I hope,
just the usual for an old piece of equipment. As I get it working, I hope
to get some comments/advice from members of the group as I go. First I
would like some general comments about the amp. I hope to use it for mostly
SSB and some AM. I have heard some comments such as the plate voltage for
the 4-400's is a little low for the tubes (2200volts) and such. The first
thing I am going to do is replace the HV rectifiers with solid state and go
from there. I have a whole bunch of other questions but will stop here for
now. I am looking forward to getting this thing going and doing any mods
deemed necessary for reliable operation. Any comments are welcome.
Bill KC2IFR