[AMPS] Millen HV Connectors Factory Pricing

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Millen HV Connectors Factory Pricing
From: chisholm@tca.net (w5ca)
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:26:35 -0600

K7RDX wrote:

> I really get my caps charged (he-he!) about all the bantering regarding the
> Millen hv connectors. I`ve been using reds&whites in both of my 4pr1000a
> amps for over 25 years with no problems at 5500vdc in one amp, 6700vdc in
> the other! I think a lot of problems start with poor design & workmanship as
> I`ve sure seen a lot of hashed together amps some people try to build!
> Something I discovered several years ago: Belden # 734710 7mm metalic spark
> plug wire,availiable at NAPA auto suppliers, great for hv amp wiring.

Another good source of high voltage wire is available at neon sign shops.  Ask
for the wire used to interconnect the high voltage transformers (15 KV) to the
neon tubes.  It is designed for outdoor use and in many cases it runs over
metallic objects and is otherwise severely abused.  I tried the auto parts store
with no luck recently and went back to the sign shop.  Rating says 15000 volts.

Al, W5CA