[AMPS] Request for Advice Please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Request for Advice Please
From: KevNathan@DSB.WA.GOV (Nathan, Kevin)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 15:35:05 -0800
I do have the ability to peak the amp audibly.  I've used tuned amps in the
past such as the Dentron 160-10L, Drake L-75 and Amp Supply LK-800ZB
successfully.  I'm primarily looking for advice on these two particular amps
now which are in my price range.  Honestly, I really want the TL-922A and
think the price on it is great but worry about the age, filter caps and the
like.  The silent key to whom it belonged was an electrical engineer and has
modified it for ten meters from what I can tell; and, I suspect he has
maintained it very well but, if something goes wrong, I have no real support
locally to repair it and get it back on the air.

Thanks to all so far for advice.  Please keep it coming and please keep it
coming to my home address too as you've been doing.  73
Kevin, K7RX

Kevin Nathan, Independent Living Coordinator
Dept. of Services for the Blind
3411 S. Alaska
Seattle, Wa 98118
Voice:  (206) 721-6450