[AMPS] Request for Advice Please

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Request for Advice Please
From: kc5vdj@yahoo.com (Jim Bryant)
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:44:31 -0600
Nathan, Kevin wrote:

> I do have the ability to peak the amp audibly.  I've used tuned amps in the
> past such as the Dentron 160-10L, Drake L-75 and Amp Supply LK-800ZB
> successfully.  I'm primarily looking for advice on these two particular amps
> now which are in my price range.  Honestly, I really want the TL-922A and
> think the price on it is great but worry about the age, filter caps and the
> like.  The silent key to whom it belonged was an electrical engineer and has
> modified it for ten meters from what I can tell; and, I suspect he has
> maintained it very well but, if something goes wrong, I have no real support
> locally to repair it and get it back on the air.
>
> Thanks to all so far for advice.  Please keep it coming and please keep it
> coming to my home address too as you've been doing.  73
> Kevin, K7RX

Sorry, my mistake.  I thought you had your antenna tuners specially fitted with
audible indicators.  I have several blind friends
who I have been pushing to write or call Icom and the other companies to have
their speech synthesizer announce the menus on the
newer radios, such as my IC-706 MkII which honestly, is a very simple to use
radio, but totally impossible for a blind person to use.

Anyhow, the TL-922A is a nice amp.

jim
--
          ET has one helluva sense of humor!
     He's always anal-probing right-wing schizos!