[Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] al-1500 parasitic?? or some other problem?
From: K1LE@ARRL.NET (Jeffrey Madore)
Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 22:51:58 -0400
Dave,

Just a thought: As Tom suggests, have you checked for signals on frequencies
of possible local oscillations that might create the ultimate mixing product
that you hear? I'm thinking of sources like baby monitors, cordless phones,
cameras, etc. Some of these devices can produce a surprisingly strong
signal. If you found such a signal, a little DF work might be in order.

When my neighbors moved in I detected RF from their home and was able to
hear them talking. They didn't believe me until I brought them to my shack
and dialed their phone while listening to the radio. Hearing their phone
ring in my receiver made them believers. We tracked it to a lamp that was
once part of a baby monitor...the transmitter part. The RF source didn't
bother me, it's just that I didn't want to hear what the neighbors had to
say about me in private ;-)

Good Luck, Dave,
Jeff - K1LE - CT ><>