[Amps] Non-linear subharmonics was: Nonsense, AL-1500 parasitic

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Non-linear subharmonics was: Nonsense, AL-1500 parasitic
From: w8ron@stratos.net (Ron)
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 22:43:51 -0400
I read these pages and couldn't find a reference to the f/2 discussion.
It seemed to discuss injecting energy into a resonant cavity using a charge pump
running at twice the cavity frequengy and also injecting it at other frequencies
to obtain mixing products.

Second, Steve's comment about "any thing (even noise) getting into the amplifier
is an invalid argument in that any ligitmate signal that enters the amplifier is
a mixing product and we already discussed that.  If it were noise ....well noise
is random and so the harmonics and mixing products would be noise and randon as
well.
---
Ron