[Amps] RE: The Great Equalizer/2

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RE: The Great Equalizer/2
From: alex@mail.sandlabs.com (alex)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 11:28:58 -0400
Hmmm... self training .... Experimentation ?.... Operating skills Who wants,
will do it!
As far emergency comm, the way I see it, the Army will provide for this in
the future :)

There is no REAL need for us, the HAMS, anymore. Let's face it.
The only reason for our existence was that we have provided a pool of
intelligent,
highly trained  Morse Code Operators for the War Machine. Not only in US but
every where on the globe,
Morse Code Operators have been regarded as valuable assets.

As technology has changed and the enemy has started to talk digitally, the
need for
us has diminished and we have been abandoned by our Governments.

It is time to stand up and reinvent our selves and try to stand on our own
feet.
 Internet is one possibility. Satellite is an other. Perhaps many more ...

As  for HF :) ... Have you heard about XAM ? No, not XFM but XAM! Ground
Based Digital AM ?
If this goes by in the Congress, you can say adieu to your HF bands :) So
much about HF Hamming :)

And yes, it has a lot to do with QRO :) as one on this will ask immediately
... Sorry Pal if you can't see it :(

Alex