[Amps] RE: The Great Equalizer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RE: The Great Equalizer
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 20:16:41 -0400
>  This thread became off topic to the list. Now, regarding the subject,
> think that he's not a true radio amateur; the best is that with the
> advent of Internet, ham bands are day after day more clean of those
> telephone operators. I'm a radio amateur, and keep experimenting and
> learning about Radio by the radio knowledge itself, not to make a qso
> only. Final for me on this.

You guys are being a little unfair by thinking Alex does not like Ham
radio.

The ARRL's FCC report says Alex was called on the carpet by the FCC
for operating on 20 meters with a technician class license, and using
wrong callsigns. To me, that is a clear indication he wants to be a
Ham but just can't pass the test.

Why not work with Alex to encourage him and help him study? Many
people who can't pass a test become the best Hams when they finally
make the grade.

73, Tom W8JI
W8JI@contesting.com