[Amps] Help ! Hard Fault 99

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Help ! Hard Fault 99
From: nwtcc at earthlink.net (James C. Hall, MD)
Date: Sun Feb 2 21:23:30 2003
Hello:

I just put my new Alpha 87A into service this W/E and had a good day
setting up and fine tuning each band segment and making a few contacts.
  I shut down for a few hours and when I returned I could not turn the
power back on the amp without an immediate shutdown.  I tried multiple
attempts and then finally I could not get anything to happen - the
number of attempts 'timed-out'.  I have no idea what is wrong.  I
brought it down off its shelf and popped the lid.  Nothing looked out
of sorts, no discoloration or burnt parts, etc.  All three fuses looked
and checked out fine.  My primary tap is set at factory default of 240
volts.  I, according to Alpha (Crosslink), must now contact them for a
reset code to attempt to revive my patient.

Any assist comments would be welcome.

Jamie
WB4YDL