[Amps] B&W LPA-1

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] B&W LPA-1
From: elowell at maine.rr.com (Eric Lowell)
Date: Sat Mar 8 10:38:56 2003
Hi John,

I have one of these in occasional use. Mine had a broken rectifier tube when
I got it, so I modified it to use some of K2AW's diodes. I replaced the
filter string with a little more C as well. The 813's seem to have resisted
all of my efforts to make them fail or get soft. They were used when I got
the amp and 5 years later they are still making solid power. I get about 500
out on 80-15, 400 on 10. Mine has the tuned input.

Good luck, Eric (W1EL)