[Amps] Speaking of Palomar

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Speaking of Palomar
From: vic at rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Wed Mar 12 11:15:53 2003
N8WNB@aol.com wrote:

> I have one of the new Palomar amps, it is the HD-250. It come with absolutely
> no paper work whatsoever. It operates from 10-40 with no tuning (it cannot be
> tuned).

I am not fmiliar with this particular model, but if it does not have a switched
lowpass filter (in other words, if it doesn't have a bandswitch) then it is
certainly generating harmonics to a degree far beyond what the FCC permits.  It
can't legally be sold for amateur purposes.  If you operate on a frequency whose
harmonics fall outside of the ham bands, you could be cited and fined by the
FCC.  Does it have a bandswitch?

Vic K2VCO