[Amps] Tube chimneys wanted...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Tube chimneys wanted...
From: mandolinist at ameritech.net (Gary Smith)
Date: Tue Mar 18 12:42:13 2003
Don't have any myself but you can try two areas I can think of;

1. the ring from a turbo unit in a car. You'd get that new o'course at a car
parts store.
They're orange rubber, come in different sizes & deal with high heat well.

2. the glass part of coleman / coleman type camp lights. They're different
sizes. If
needed, a high temp "O" ring can help seal at the top.

As for the clips, the last amp I helped make I formed 1/2 of the female part of
a metal
kitchen cabinet latch to hold the chimney. Unless one would turn the amp upside
down & shake it, the latches worked fine.

Gary
ka1j