[Amps] TL922A and AL80A

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] TL922A and AL80A
From: n3ji at yahoo.com (Joe Isabella)
Date: Wed Mar 19 11:03:20 2003
Pete & others,
First, thanks for the info.  I'm  not looking to increase the voltage
over what it is (unless you mean the increase is from it not being
loaded down so far).  In the High V position, mine runs at about 3.2 to
3.3 kV unloaded then drops to about 2.8 kV under load.

I run AM quite frequently (Rich mentioned RTTY) and tune the amp with
~100W drive, then back the drive down until the amp is running at about
500W DC input (always in CW mode, BTW).  Seems to work quite well.
That's why I'm interested this...

Maybe I should go buy the "5kW SB-220"...  :-)

Joe