[Amps] RE: Amps Digest, Vol 3, Issue 77

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] RE: Amps Digest, Vol 3, Issue 77
From: N5BSD at arrl.net (John von Gonten)
Date: Thu Mar 20 13:06:30 2003
I started out on 11-meters, and I know a lot of people still there I don't
hear a lot of the garbage you are talking about on 10-meters. Hell I hear
the truckers being truckers on 11-meters.  I dealt with them for well over a
decade On 11-meters. I care about the radio spectrum we have, but I have
learned a lot of things. And one of the things I have learned is the
attitude you project Is one that will turn a lot of people away.  I have run
into it on the air directed AT ME, because
I am currently only a tech and I am sure I will see more because I will only
have to pass 5 wpm.

Being an asshole and trying to get more laws passed isn't going to help
anything.
We have laws, and they are not getting enforced as it, the FCC has a bit too
much on their Plate now anyway.  I don't hear you going on and on about the
other threats to our spectrum. Or since there are trying to work their way
into bands in the VHF/UHF areas, you don't care about those People????? From
people that are more likely to take it, than as you say, those godless
Cbers.

Do me a favor as well, don't bloody well write me direct, share it in the
group. I have filters set as of now anyway for anything with your address,
not to be an ass I just don't really want to listen to you ranting and what
not about how I don't care about amateur radio,

I do my part, I try and get people to get licensed, and move to amateur
radio,
My biggest draw was also Emergency Communication,