[Amps] Hard-drive Dive

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Hard-drive Dive
From: 2 at vc.net (2)
Date: Sat Mar 22 17:08:03 2003

>I said:
>
>"I have the following amplifiers: an Alpha 76PA (using 3CX800A7 tubes), an
>Alpha 76A, an Alpha 86, a home built 4-1000, a home built 3-1000, a Henry
>amp (I forgot the numbers), an Alpha 77SX, a Collins 30L-1, and a Swan Mk
>II.  None of them use nichrome parasitic suppressors.
>
>Rich said:
>
>" But the 30S-1 reportedly did."
>
>Reply:
>
>Rich, the problem with getting old and having a number of amplifiers is that
>I sometimes forget what I  have.  My wife claims I have too much stuff.  But
>your comment reminded me that I do have a Collins 30S-1 amplifier.  It does
>not have parasitic suppressors.

**  Vern Baumgartner, a friend who worked as an engineer at Collins Radio
told me that Ni-Cr alloy was used as a conductor in the 4cx1000A's anode
circuit.

> It has never had a problem with parasitics.

**  I've never heard of a 30S-1 exhibiting any sign of instability.  As
far as I know, this is unique.

>The only problem it had was when Fedex dropped it ...

-  R. L. Measures, a.k.a. Rich..., 805.386.3734, AG6K,
www.vcnet.com/measures.
end