[Amps] Filament Inrush Control

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Filament Inrush Control
From: RFlabnotes at aol.com (RFlabnotes@aol.com)
Date: Tue Mar 25 20:05:10 2003
G'day Alek:
       Actually, I  have always been a fan and practicioner of step-starting.
It is a very cheap and easy method, and I have even managed on occassion to
carry it to ridiculous extremes (in the name of science, of course!). Even in
the case that we were discussing recently, you would still need some
soft-start for the HV supply. So, if you interpreted my comments as a sales
pitch, you misjudged.

       I was only trying to offer some accurate technical insight on what
would be involved in properly doing current-limiting via flux leakage, since
their were claims in the air that it was actually in our sights. It is a bona
fide technology and I found it personally enlightening to explore it, since I
may have a need for it someday (but probably not in a green amplifier.)

73
Eric von Valtier K8LV

P.S. We are really missing hearing you dudes on 10  and 20 meters. How about
doing a little rain dance for the propagation gods?