[Amps] Re: 160M efficiency

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Re: 160M efficiency
From: no9z at soltec.net (Lynn)
Date: Wed May 28 09:31:15 2003
       I had a problem with  efficiency on 160M on a newly constructed
amp. (yc 156)

    I want to thank all those who responded both on the reflector and
privately.

    Symptoms were:     Tank appears resonant on 160M
                                    80M - 15M worked fine
                                    With 5k in on 160  I could only get
 1200 watts out

    Yesterday I added 1600pf (4 doorknobs) to the base of the plate
choke and noticed  a
significant change in output as well as stability.   It seems the larger
metal tubes
require more bypassing  than found in some of the other designs.

     Thanks for all the input.

   73
  Lynn   NO9Z