[Amps] Power Transformer

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Power Transformer
From: millenniumfalcon at cableone.net (Jim Isbell)
Date: Wed May 28 09:31:10 2003
I am interested in winding my plate transformer for a 4-1000A to be used
at 4-5Kv.  I have two large transformers out of a UPS the I can
disassemble and re wind.  They are laminated iron cores and were
originally wound for 120 V to 90V for the charger of the 90 volt battery
bank and 90V to 120V for the inverter.  At least that is what I assume
as I have NO schematics on the unit and haven't tried to reverse
engineer it yet.  Both are very large and look to have enough iron to
handle the job with enough space for the windings.  BUT...I need a
source of information on winding plate transformers and core size etc
instead of just my guesses.  Is there a recommended source or am I
worrying too much about details.