RE: [Amps] Benefits of 3-phase power?

To: Bert Almemo <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Subject: RE: [Amps] Benefits of 3-phase power?
From: Dave Kirkby <davek@medphys.ucl.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 04:21:52 +0000 (GMT)
> Hopefully, I didn't upset any of my friends on this side of the pond.
>
> 73s Bert, VE3OBU/SM7BUR
>
> PS. All Swedish and most other European homes have 3-phase electrical power.

I can't speak for Sweden, but here in the UK it is very unusual to have a
3-phase electrical supply to a domestic property. I do have it, since at
one time the house used electrical heating, where the load was high. I now
use oil instead, but have kept the 3-phase supply.

I know of nobody else who has 3-phase to their home in the UK. I'm sure
some people running mills and lathes do, but it is certainly not common.

Dr. David Kirkby.