[Amps] Ten Tec 425 titan

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] Ten Tec 425 titan
From: "john naberezny" <we2f@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:43:20 -0500
Hi Folks,
This amp has a 10 ohm wirewound 10 watt resistor in series with the plate RFC,
with no cap to ground between them, an I burned one up badly this morning
before it went pop, and took out the power supply main fuses. I replace it
tonite, went back on 15, took tuner out of line, this time I saw the flash, got
the pop, and then the fuses blew. It cracked the ceramic standoff holding the
resistor, and the resistor was warm..
   Any ideas ? Company says it in the antenna- bull ! Got a problem in the
other direction. Any ideas? Only a 15 meter problem.Had this amp from the
factory 15 years now.
          73, John WE2F