RE: [Amps] bad electrolytic capacitors

To: "Patrick A. Thompson Sr." <wa4tukhr@comcast.net>
Subject: RE: [Amps] bad electrolytic capacitors
From: "COLIN LAMB" <k7fm@teleport.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 14:24:11 -0800
I had a problem I thought was from an electrolytic.  But, I finally
discovered that it was caused by the substance used to attach an
electrolytic to the motherboard when the factory chose to correct a design
defect with a supplemental capacitor "glued" to the motherboard.  The
"glue" shorted out the circuit board wherever it contacted it.  It was on a
ham rig.

73, Colin  K7FM