Re: [Amps] Horizontal or verticle?

To: <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>, <ka1xo@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Horizontal or verticle?
From: "K7RDX" <k7rdx@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 03:18:38 -0800
From: <ka1xo@juno.com>
To: <g3sek@ifwtech.co.uk>
Cc: <amps@contesting.com>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 10:51 AM

> Dear Ian,
>
> The EMTRON DX-3 that FedEx destroyed had the GU-78b tube clamped down
> in four (4) places with teflon,just as you described.
>
> In addition, the finned skirt is clamped with a surrounding chimney of
green material I never looked too closely at.

> Rudi sent this amplifier from Sydney to Secaucus with nary a scratch. I
imagine the 12 day international journey plus overland U.S. journey saw a
bit more handling than when it went 800 miles to Virginia.

> Vince says the amp looked like it had been pushed out of a tenth floor
window when he opened the box........

> Not only was the tetrode dislodged but all of the mounting hardware around
it was ripped out and the aluminum tube socket was cracked and broken.

> People, stay away from FedEx is all I can say. They have yet to contact me
on the claim or make any effort to pay the damages.