Re: [Amps] A Crying Shame

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] A Crying Shame
From: n4gi@tampabay.rr.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 09:53:36 -0500

From: ka1xo@juno.com

> Twelve "Fragile" stickers. Arrows. Big
> letters: "Do Not Drop: Glass."

Note that a bored min. wage box handler has ZERO reason to treat a "fragile"
package any different than a "non-fragile" one.  Marking your delicate ham
goodies is naïve and only an invitation to the chimp to keep himself
entertained....

I received a linear amplifier via UPS last year.  The shipper of the unit was
nice enough to mark "this side up" on the top....  After a good chuckle, I
opened the box, got out my tools and started re-assembling the mess.  I'm still
finding disconnected things inside the sucker several months later.

73,
Blake N4GI