Re: [Amps] 20kw Dummy load?

To: Alek Petkovic <vk6apk@eon.net.au>
Subject: Re: [Amps] 20kw Dummy load?
From: frank_goenninger@t-online.de (Frank Goenninger)
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2004 11:58:47 +0200
On Sun, 2004-08-15 at 06:31, Alek Petkovic wrote:
> The way we Aussies do it is to fill a 44 gallon drum with slightly salted
> water. A couple of hefty electrodes are immersed in the solution and
> connected to the transmitter and amplifier to be tested.
>
> The transmitter is keyed up and we toss in some lobsters and crabs.
>
> At the conclusion of the load testing, we take out the cooked crustaceans
> and enjoy a nice feed of the seafood washed down with a few cold beers.
>
> 73, Alek
> VK6APK

That method really calls for a "20kW Dummy Load Test Weekend" - You
organize the lobsters and I bring the beer. Who volunteers to bring the
Amp and TRX?

It's only that I have to book the flights and it certainly will take two
days to reach Down Under from here in Germany.

;-)

73, Frank DG1SBG

P.S. Sorry for wasting bandwith - I simply couldn't resist...