Re: [Amps] Need Diagnostic help

To: <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Need Diagnostic help
From: <w4oae@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 12:47:49 -0400
Here's my take on all this.

After reading the various post I am 99.999999% sure
it is an ac 240v line problem.  Both legs of the ac line
and the neutral to both legs should be tested under load.
Simply putting a meter on the various test points will not
always show the problem.  I would suggest testing the
ac source when it is occurring with the amp on line.

I've seen a number of hf amps use 120v derived from
one leg of the 240v to the neutral to run the 120v requirements
in the amp.  IE, fans 120v primary xformers, etc.  I strongly
suspect this may be the problem here. Just an educated
guess at best.

Good Luck

73  Sam  W4OAE