Re: [Amps] PL network adjustment

To: "Luca" <ik5tsw@virgilio.it>
Subject: Re: [Amps] PL network adjustment
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:23:17 -0700

On Aug 23, 2004, at 11:52 AM, Luca wrote:

Hi All

I have used on some hf amplifier that I homebrewed, the Pi network and l did not have the problem with adjustment maintaining C1 and C2 fixed at the table value.
I think to find the resonance with dip meter and moving L contact point , I am doing right thing . Is it correct?

Now i would like to build the power amplifier using the PL network , I have the table and formulas but l don' t know the correct procedure of adjustaiment .Is the same thing like the Pi network adjustment ?

Virgilio - - A Pi network is not like a parallel resonant L-C tank circuit, it is two L-networks in series, Thus, it is not resonant at the operating frequency. Instead, itt is typically resonant c. 10% lower in freq. My guess is that a Pi-L is fairly similar. except that it is three L-networks in series.

And to find the L2 contact point: Can I read the maximum power output ? Or are there any other methods?

-- The amount of L1 and L2 are determined mathematically, not experimentally, based on Q, RL, and freq.
ciao

Richard L. Measures, AG6K, 805.386.3734. www.somis.org