Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service

To: Amps <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Centurion cooling improvement ideas for AM service
From: Joe Isabella <n3ji@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 11:06:32 -0700 (PDT)
Having not run one myself in AM mode, I don't know the exact answer.  However,
I have talked to a couple guys running Johnson Rangers into them and I believe
they have to reduce the drive.  A typical ranger does about 50-60W AM carrier,
so I think it's somewhere around 20-30W.  Sound about right?

Joe

charlesmorris@direcway.com wrote:
Any idea how much drive an SB220 would require to achieve 300W carrier out?
thanks
Charles
WB3JOK