Re: [Amps] input matching question on the YC156?

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] input matching question on the YC156?
From: "Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@kr6x.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 22:45:21 -0700
Well, perhaps he merely tickled the input of the YC156 through
the MFJ with a tiny amount of drive.  All the same, there is
nothing to be gained in doing this without the filaments preheated
and plate voltage applied, as he learned.  And the YC156 isn't
unique in this reality.  It sounded to me like a pretty clueless
thing to try -- especially since he didn't tell us that the drive
power was held very low.  The YC156 specifications indicate
that the tube is particularly susceptible to damage from applying
voltages without preheating the filament due to the choice of
filament coatings.