Re: [Amps] input matching question on the YC156?

To: "AMPS" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] input matching question on the YC156?
From: "Leigh S. Jones" <kr6x@kr6x.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 2004 18:08:39 -0700
This is a requirement that is specific to oxide coated cathodes such
as the
YC-156. Read your tube's data sheet for information like this.
Thoriated
cathodes generally heat more quickly than oxide coated cathodes.  Most
commercial amplifiers use tubes with thoriated cathodes.  Some
small amount of current must flow in the cathode to bias it to cut-off
if
it is cathode switched -- so for oxide coated cathodes why not be
safe?