Re: [Amps] Equalising resistors with HV diodes

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Equalising resistors with HV diodes
From: bb <bbolin@yadtel.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 01:16:48 -0400

   Marv  WC6W

P.S. -- Here are two more good references on the topic:

Rca Silicon Power Circuits Manual, SB-50, 1967, pp. 23-26

International Rectifier Superpower High Voltage Rectifier Columns,
SR-370-A, 1960, p. 3

Marv, First I don't have a dog in this pit. But I do have one question. So far all the books you listed where printed before 1967 and things change in almost 40 years. Do you use or have any references newer on this subject?

In past projects and travels I have not had any problems in not using
equalizing resistors as long as you follow the rules.
The one thing that gets me is how big this debate is,  just
like the one you reference 5years ago on this list.
This is as big as tube audio debate.
All I can say is WOW and never post any questions on diodes.
Bennie