Re: [Amps] 4CX350 in Dentron Clipperton V ?????

To: JimMoci@aol.com, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 4CX350 in Dentron Clipperton V ?????
From: K8MLM@aol.com
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:19:15 EDT
The 4CX350 also requires a different tube socket.

Some quick questions for the reflector. I just purchased a Dentron Clipperton
V 2meter amp (still waiting for its arrival). I have a new 4CX350 tube and
was wondering if it can be used in place of the 4CX250 without modification
and
is it worthwhile doing this? I am not really looking for more power output (
was told to expect 325watts out), but more duty cycle and longevity as I will
be using this mostly on FM simplex. I do intend to upgrade the blower for
better cooling.