Re: [Amps] Looking for a design for a single 4cx250b tubeon 50 Mhz-six m

To: craxd <craxd1@ezwv.com>,"amps@contesting.com" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Looking for a design for a single 4cx250b tubeon 50 Mhz-six meters.
From: Bill Fuqua <wlfuqu00@uky.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:10:59 -0400
Wide open, does that mean class C SSB?
73
Bill wa4lav

At 03:10 PM 10/12/2004 -0400, craxd wrote:
Bill,

That amp, which really said was an amateur amp, was mostly sold to the 11 meter folks. The larger the numbers, the more they sold it for. I've seen it's schematic listed now on several amateur sites, less the text portions. Some were built however, with a band switch. Actually, that was supposed to be 600 PEP, which is way over what it should be. The ones I've actually had my hands on did about 450-500, but that was wide open. I wouldn't run it that way very long. Cut back to where it should be, it will run ok. I just dont like the screen and bias circuit in it that well. This can be changed though in a homebrew amp anyhow.

Bill Fuqua wrote:

The manual claims that a single 4CX250B will produce 600 watts peak output. It has unregulated bias supplies as well.
I wonder if that is figuring peak voltage squared divided by resistance rather than PEP value.

73
Bill wa4lav