Re: [Amps] Dx pedition amp ???

To: "Josh" <xppq@ispwest.com>, <Amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Dx pedition amp ???
From: "Steve Thompson" <g8gsq@ic24.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2004 08:21:14 -0000
Josh wrote:

snip
> I wish there was  a two part amp  with PS
> separate that could be under 30 lbs and
> output at least 600w  on CW
You can get a 600W broadband amp kit from CCI. The pcb is about 6 x 4". It
needs harmonic filters, but I'm sure I've seen someone refer to a switched
set you can buy if you don't want to build. Add a modern switch mode PSU,
and you can have a travel amp that will weigh very little and be not much
bigger than a shoe box. I bought a 500W PSU a few days ago for a job - when
I went to pick it up I thought they'd given me the wrong one - about 6 x 5 x
4", and 4lbs! Cost about $420.

Steve