Re: [Amps] Unknown tube amp

To: jeff millar <wa1hco@adelphia.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Unknown tube amp
From: Vic Rosenthal <vic@rakefet.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 09:00:20 -0800
jeff millar wrote:

833s don't twist and both plate and grid lie on top.

The 833A has two big filament pins at the bottom, which can be held by a twist-in arrangement, sort of like the way the pins on a fluorescent tube are held. And the original writer said "two plate-cap type connectors", which I understand to be the plate and grid connections of the 833A. He didn't mention any other connections, so unless these are diodes, I assume that one is the grid. Also the physical size is right, and a pair of 833A's would be comfortable for a 1 KW input plate-modulated class-C amplifier.

Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA
http://www.qsl.net/k2vco