[Amps] post

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [Amps] post
From: "larry williamson" <lgwsaw@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:36:07 -0700
Just wondering if anyone has had this problem with this amp. My amp
is still under warranty so that is good. Anyhow, after having the
amp on standby for about 1 hour, a very loud bang and is heard.
After a call to Willie at Ameritron. We came up with a bad tube and
a blown 51-ohm grid resister. The D117 diode is was ok and did not
need replaced. Now this has happened two times now on different
tubes. Willie said it was a tube problem and the quality of the
china tubes was not that good. He also said not to leave the amp in
standby very long.
Has anyone got any thought this?
Thanks
Larry