Re: [Amps] Re: AMPS Link coupling

To: r@somis.org, amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Re: AMPS Link coupling
From: G3rzp@aol.com
Date: Sun, 9 Jan 2005 13:29:50 EST

In a message dated 09/01/2005 18:08:21 GMT Standard Time, r@somis.org  writes:

There is  no antenna matching network that has a lower Q than an
L-network.

This is not correct. A parallel tuned circuit with a coupling  link, loaded
by a high impedance antenna can have its LC ratio determined  such as to
control the value of Q. It is possible that self capacity of the coil  could be
limit in some cases.

>This tuner will be neither  expensive or big.  The base will  be
urethane-varnished
>plywood.

Couldn't do it cheaply commercially, though. Those of us who actually build
stuff are in the minority, you know, Rich! And if you don't carefuly cover up
all the HV points, somebody will get a burn and sue you. That's a problem if
you're making them as a saleable product, of course, not just a one off for
you.  I suspect that you, like me, if getting a burn by carelessly touching
something,  would just cuss ourselves for clumsiness.

73

Peter G3RZP