Re: [Amps] Quick 220 outlet?

To: <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>, "Harold B. Mandel" <ka1xo@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Quick 220 outlet?
From: "Phil Clements" <philk5pc@tyler.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 17:53:52 -0600
       Despite whatever stories anyone has ever heard about anyone
else successfully detecting any voltage potential with their body, the
fact remains that it is a dangerous and possibly lethal practice.

There is a much more sensitive appendage on the male body that comes to mind that could be useful in detecting the presence and value of lower voltages. Equally as insane as using the fingers, BTW.

Being an old Firefighter, when the Nomex hoods came out in the '70's to be worn under the helmet to protect head, neck, and ears, some of the macho guys thought they were for "sissies," and the curling of their ears in a hot fire could no longer warn them that their bunker suits were in danger of melting. It was suggested to them at that time that the "more sensitive appendage" would be a "probe" giving earlier warning than a curled ear. I never heard of any takers on this one!

My Elmer in amateur radio used to stuff his pipe and test his soldering iron with his thumb. I had to try this once, but that was enough!

To you younger amp'ers out there, PLEASE do not use any part of your body to replace testing equipment! Been there, done that, got the "T" shirt....it says STUPID on the front.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC