Re: [Amps] 8877 Test

To: r@somis.org
Subject: Re: [Amps] 8877 Test
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2005 11:25:27 EST
Hi Rich,
Trying to not split hairs here:

I should have said "at the onset of observable leakage" in stead of simply
"leakage".

My definition of leakage is when it just begins to show some current on a  60
microampere dc meter at the stated voltage. The VOM is on the 6kv dc scale
and in series with the high voltage tester to provide approx 120 megohms series
 resistance to limit current in case of a breakdown.

To be totally correct the voltmeter reading must be subtracted from the dc
voltage at the high voltage tester output terminals.

If I can't see any movement of the 60 microampere meter then I call that
zero leakage. As you said though, there is always some leakage as the
insulation
between the plate and grid, while very, very good, it is not perfect;
especially  if the tube was handled without wearing good gloves.

Did I leave out anything?

73,
Gerald/K5GW