Re: [Amps] nylons

To: Tomm Aldridge <KD7QAE@ARRL.NET>
Subject: Re: [Amps] nylons
From: Tony King - W4ZT <amps@w4zt.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 23:56:01 -0500
Tomm, John and the group,

I agree about not using nylon in high RF fields. Best to use something
better.  Going directly to John's question about 3/8"x1/2 inch
insulators, instead of going to the hardware store and buying nylon,
place an order with MSC for virgin teflon rod. You can drill and tap it
for any sized screw you need.  A 12" length that is 3/8" in diameter
lists for $3.59.  That looks like 3.59/22= $0.16 each! Not bad for an
insulator that you don't have to worry about (I allowed an inch for
waste in saw cuts). They also carry fiberglass rods, tubes and sheets,
micarta, silicon rubber and many other useful items.

Look here: <http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNPDFF?PMPAGE=1790>
Their home page is <http://mscdirect.com>

MSC is a good outfit to deal with.  They have a GREAT on line catalog
and can deliver almost anything you can imagine in the way of hardware,
materials and tools.  I use them all the time and highly recommend them.

73, Tony W4ZT