Re: [Amps] Solid state amps

To: "Carcia, Francis A HS" <francis.carcia@hs.utc.com>,"Amps (E-mail)" <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Solid state amps
From: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:39:10 -0600
Of course you realize that running the DC through the transformer is
disadvantageous because it creates a strong "B" field in the core which can
drastically reduce the dynamic response of the DC/RF transformer.  With an
outboard choke, both parts can be smaller in size... and keep the RF
transformer from saturating (reduce non-linearities and less distortion
because of it!).

Most of us use another core as a DC choke... and AC couple the RF
transformer... and there are better materials to use...

Sincerely,

Dr. William J. Schmidt, II  K9HZ
Trustee of the North American QRO - Central Division Club - K9ZC

Email: bill@wjschmidt.com
WebPage: www.wjschmidt.com

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee; that
will do them in."  -- Bradley's Bromide