Re: [Amps] Standby tubes (was: Even more power solid-state amp's)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Standby tubes (was: Even more power solid-state amp's)
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 15:21:26 -0500
Ahhh, I thought WLW made the brag they always had the biggest. The amp was made
by Westinghouse for RCA if I recall. I think RCA had the patents but contracted
the actual building to Westinghouse. I didn't think Continental ever made one
that large. I'll say this 500 KW is a bunch of power! One thing for others
reading, the 500 KW PA took a 50 KW driver.......

Best,

Will