Re: [Amps] Mine is bigger than yours (was: Re: Standbytubes (was:Evenmor

To: "Dr. William J. Schmidt, II" <bill@wjschmidt.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] Mine is bigger than yours (was: Re: Standbytubes (was:Evenmore power solid-state amp's))
From: Gary Schafer <garyschafer@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:50:37 -0400
??  Don't see where a 50 kw driver would even come close. The old rules
said you could run 1 kw input to the final. For ssb that was the plate
voltage times the plate current as read on meter peaks. The time
constant of the meter could be no more than .25 sec.
PEP was not specified. PEP probably runs around 5 to 6 times what is
read on the meters when no compression is used.

73
Gary  K4FMX