Re: [Amps] Non inductive resistor

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Non inductive resistor
From: George KB2Z <Thermionic_Emission@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2005 21:17:10 -0400
At 10:11 PM 4/4/05 -0400, you wrote:

I could use one as well. Richardson dont list  the RF Power 250W 50ohm
RFP250-50TC on the website. Is it from an older catalog? $10 is affordable.
The website does not have any pictures, specs, or other information listed.
Are they basically non inductive to 30MC? Can they be sunk in a gallon of
oil and pushed a bit?
Mouser lists 100W Non inductive Rs that look like transistors. They are
supposed to be mounted on a heat sink with heat compound. Would they work
in a can of oil?
Sorry if I'm asking to many questions. Thanks, George KB2Z

Steve Thompson wrote:
 >> RFP250-50TG Flange type 50 ohms - 250W max. 3 GHz
 >> 69.00
 > For comparison, RF Power 250W 50ohm RFP250-50TC termination from
 > Richardson is $9.92 list (basically the same as RFP250-50TG but
 > different flange size).
Sorry, typo - that should read $9.20

Steve