Re: [Amps] Hipersil, the myth and the truth. (Updated)

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Hipersil, the myth and the truth. (Updated)
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@ezwv.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 08:33:12 -0400
Peter,

I dont know what a full pack weighs now (70 LBs?)? But, if they keep adding and
adding to these poor dough boys, before long you wont be able to see them for
all the stuff hanging on them. Same goes with the rollong stock. Plus watching
a plane, after a new retrofit roll down the tarmak, and just two itty bitty
holes for um to peer out of.

Really, the US specs on equipment makes um have to build stuff like a Sherman
tank and try to make it as light as possible. Someone told me they finally did
away with the steel pots and are now using helmets made of Kevlar back around
Nam or shortly thereafter. I'm not sure on this though. Problem is, since they
got this weight savings, somebody will add something else to take its place in
weight.

Best,

Will