Re: [Amps] 6146's

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] 6146's
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 10:47:55 -0400
David,

I assume your wanting to use these in the final PA of a transmitter? If so,
what I'd do is plug them in and try them out. Plug the tubes in and set the
bias to where they operate correctly. If the PA has a neutralizing circuit,
that may have to be tinkered with. I forget the details for the changeover on
the Yaseu FT-101 but if I recall, you had to change a capacitor in the
neutralizing circuit, and something in the bias. It's been so long since I
converted one over I cant remember all the details. In the case of the 6146A to
B, you may not have to, I don't know. I highly doubt you'll damage anything as
long as the tubes output is the same as the A was. That's mainly a bias
adjustment.

Best,

Will