Re: [Amps] TV sweep tubes and 6146s

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TV sweep tubes and 6146s
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 07:08:53 -0400
Tom,

There's been a few built with them, just not any legal ones that I know of. The
reason being is that some of the sweep tubes have greater power out than the
6146B did. Four M-2057's or 8908's would yield about 1000-1200 watts PEP out
running grid driven. A 6LF6 or 6KD6 would do a little more too but not as much
as the M-2057. The 8950 was just a 6LF6 with a 12 volt heater. If you do build
one, with 6146's let me know how it goes. I'm curious myself what you would get
out of four of them. Those are still being made out of China and I think
they're a good bit of surplus left.

Best,

Will