Re: [Amps] TV sweep tubes and 6146s

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] TV sweep tubes and 6146s
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 14:35:15 -0400
I was thinking maybe 6 would get him 400 watts without pushing the tubes way
past their ratings. They will be anyhow, but I wouldn't use over say +900 Vdc
on the plates. That's still a good bit over the recommended maximum. You get up
over 1 kV and bad things can happen. One has to remember those tubes have a
maximum dissapation rating too. Over that and they'll cherry up. When they do,
they'll be ruined. Most of those small glass tube like the 6146 and sweep tubes
would drastically reduce their emission every time that anode would get red.
Also, it's according to how he will run them, either grid driven or G-G. You'll
get more out of them without burning them out running them grid driven. A few
watts will open them up this way. G-G will need a good amount of drive for 6
tubes.

Best,

Will