Re: [Amps] Alpha releases New Amp 9500

To: amps@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Amps] Alpha releases New Amp 9500
From: "Will Matney" <craxd1@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 19:05:34 -0400
Dave,

You can buy a serial port adapter card for about $10-$15 bucks (maybe less now)
if I recall. I have a few of them laying around here. The cards take a whole 5
minutes at the most to install if you have a quick-remove side on your PC. If
the whole top comes off, maybe 7-8 minutes and your in business. I know you can
get them here at Office Depot and mail order them from everywhere. There's
still a huge number of industrial control PC's still being made using serail
ports. The only reason for their failing popularity is the way mice are
supplied anymore. Myself, I prefer them where the connector has screws to hold
it secure and wont pull out easily like this new stuff. That may be the reason
they're using them for the amp? On my Compaq, I have both but the serial port
is in the back. The two USB ports are in the front under a flip-over lid.
However this Compaq is modified greatly from the stock, especially with ME
removed ASAP after I got it.

Best,

Will