Re: [Amps] amateur code

To: Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com>
Subject: Re: [Amps] amateur code
From: John Irwin <crazytvjohn@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 18:17:06 -0700 (PDT)
Who is spouting off?  the code below is a direct computer copy from the 2005
handbook on my computer.  watch what you say!
john kb9tc

Bill Aycock <baycock@direcway.com> wrote:
John

Please check your sources before spouting off. This is NOT the way it
reads in the 2000 or the 1977 issues, and is probably not even close to
the original.
I can't find my 55 issue, or earlier ones, to check back k even earlier.
Bill-W4BSG

John Irwin wrote:

>Hi Dudes
>I found the following in the front of the 2005 arrl handbook. The stuff posted
>earlier, is not the "exact" way that it reads in earlier editions. Look it up
>for yourself.
>

>The Amateur?s Code
>
>The Radio Amateur is:
>
>CONSIDERATE?never knowingly operates in such a way as to lessen the pleasure
>
>of others.
>
>LOYAL?offers loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs, local clubs,
>
>and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur Radio in the United
>
>States is represented nationally and internationally.
>
>PROGRESSIVE?with knowledge abreast of science, a well-built and efficient
>
>station and operation above reproach.
>
>FRIENDLY?slow and patient operating when requested; friendly advice and
>
>counsel to the beginner; kindly assistance, cooperation and consideration for
>the
>
>interests of others. These are the hallmarks of the amateur spirit.
>
>BALANCED?radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to family,
>job,
>
>school or community.
>
>PATRIOTIC?station and skill always ready for service to country and community.
>
>?The original Amateur?s Code was written by Paul M. Segal, W9EEA, in 1928
>

>john kb9tc
>

>KB9TC
>
>The One and Only Origional John
> all others are Fakers!