Re: [Amps] amateur code

To: "W5IOK" <w5iok@charter.net>
Subject: Re: [Amps] amateur code
From: R.Measures <r@somis.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 08:58:18 -0700
On Oct 9, 2005, at 6:08 PM, W5IOK wrote:

> I believe so, but I cant be sure My oldest Hand book is the 1931, 8Th
> edition and it is that way in that edition. The 8th edition was $ 1.00.
> By the way you get a copy of the first edition with the new handbook.
> Its
> not in that edition which is 1926.

1926 Handbook: page 72.   Here's what it says regarding building VHF
suppressors with resistance-wire [Ni-Cr], instead of copper wire:
“The combination of both resistance and inductance is very effective in
limiting parasitic oscillations to a negligible value of current.”
-  F. E. Handy

After a few years, Mr. Handy's observation disappeared from The Radio
Amateur's Handbook.